So the first time I felt like journaling was for me
was in the Messy Bullet Journals community on Imzy.
It was a good place. I miss it even years after Imzy's inevitable end.
Things we do/did
- Kathleen Jennings: Observation Journal. We did a few versions of this. First mostly as described there. Then we went from seen/heard/done to feelings and bodily sensations. Then we focused more on our plural experience, with little boxes for everyone who wanted to contribute. The drawing bit always stayed. The right page got used for various things. Currently, we're not doing this, but I think it'd be nice to start again.
- Our daily checkin. For figuring out who we are.
- Also, plain old bullet journaling.
Things we haven't tried
- The Perpetual Journal. Sketching a plant each week. I love how this goes with the unlearning of Plant Awareness Disparity that we've started.
- Owl: About That Journaling Thing. I love the idea of going over notes after a week/month and highlighting things that still stand out.